May 6, 2008

Mrs. Horrible, Mrs. Horrible

So, I'm going to give Geoff Johns the benefit of the doubt that this is a joke (click to enlarge):


Because the idea of "Sinestro" being an alien word with undecipherable meaning is pretty hilarious. Stuff like this reminds me of the short-lived Fantastic Four cartoon a few years ago, where they end up in the Negative Zone and meet Annihilus, and Johnny cannot contain himself, saying over and over to Reed "Ask. him. his. NAME!" and then basically giggles through the entire episode.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There was a similar scene in Ult. FF where they meet Annihilus, and Ben says something like "Oh great, we finally meet an alien and his name is E. Vill."

SallyP said...

Oh I don't know. I have that little part in my brain that cheerfully accepts just about anything in comic books. It IS the first time that Hal has ever heard the word, and Abin Sur was probably mumbling anyway.

Plus...well...Hal's not to bright.