August 26, 2008

Buy this book, it's not a comic but it has lots of pictures

My friend Sarah Brown has edited a book based on her wildly popular Cringe reading series in Brooklyn where ostensible grown-ups read from their teenage diaries, poetry notebooks and other humiliating sources. I wrote about it last year in Paste magazine, if you want to check out some shining examples. Well, the book is out today, and you can buy it here or at your favorite retailer. Almost as exciting is that Aaron was a contributor, so now the whole world can enjoy his unfinished rap opera and tribute song to a high school crush, which includes lyrics such as "I wish you could see what is in my hand." If you're looking to get your holiday shopping out of the way, I can't think of a better start.

Update--click on the widget below for a preview:


No comments: