December 12, 2008

I can hardly wait

I'm working from home today, still in my pajamas, because a guy is painting and working in my bathroom to fix some plumbing that was originally done by a guy who was completely shitfaced. The point is that I am feeling both lazy and on edge, which results in a snitty post like this.

So anyway I was reading Secret Invasion: Dark Reign #1 last night, and while there are any number of hilarious things to pick on, such as old ragged Namor (who, by the way, also acts nothing like Namor in addition to looking nothing like him), this is what jumped out, from the previews at the end:


"Huh," I thought, "that is an awfully long time to wait, maybe they want to get us excited just in time for Don Cheadle?" But no, of course it is a typo, somebody just cut and pasted from the other preview tags that say "ON SALE JANUARY XX, 2009," etc. We only have to wait one week for this Inuit-slaughtering opus (which we know from the preview showing the bloody mauling of Inuits), not one year and one week. It's like Christmas already.

4 comments:

jason. said...

I didn't go to work today either! High five!

Were people clamoring for a War Machine comic? Is James Rhodes even around anymore? Aren't there already 30 comics that feature Iron Man? Do we need more armor?

I hope War Machine #1 answers these questions.

ghxdhdxt said...

I'm just happy to see a black male character lead his own book.

Evie said...

Ok good point.

There's Black Panther, but he's in limbo (and going to be a girl or something).

ghxdhdxt said...

That seems to be the trend. Rhodey will be dead or a woman in 2 years. As a matter of fact he's more machine than man now.