May 24, 2009

ABC Podcast, Episode #47 and visual aids

This episode of Awesomed By Comics was brought to you by broccoli, virile alpha king of the cruciferous kingdom. In this indie-heavy week, Four Eyes, Gigantic and Garth Ennis's new shagfest Herogasm shine, while Jeff Parker takes home both top prizes with Mysterius the Unknown and Agents of Atlas. We follow our Star Trek viewing with a trip to Stop & Shop, whose new DIY scan-as-you-shop price guns bring whole new levels to "set your phaser on-" joke potential.

Download/subscribe to the show in the right sidebar, and leave an iTunes review! Tell us what you think in the comments, or visit our show forum.

Cover(s) of the Week

Aaron's pick, from Gigantic #4, cover by Eric Nguyen:


Evie's pick, from The Great Unknown #2, cover by Duncan Rouleau:

Panel(s) of the Week

Evie's pick, from Tiny Titans #16 by Baltazar and Franco:

Aaron's picks, from Agents of Atlas #5 by Jeff Parker and Carlo Pagulayan, and from Punisher #5 by Rick Remender and Jerome Opena:



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! :D

Energetic (and sexy) ABC = Greatness!

tomfowler said...

damn right you're lookin' forward to the next issue!.... (which is awesome)

i'm expecting a sweep. there, i just said it. a sweep.also on a lobo/dolphin note:

unless i am very much mistaken, lobo's first actual appearance (in legion 89?) was as a result of the heroes inadvertently killing his pet space dolphins. space dolphins being the only things he truly loved. but not in the biblical space dolphin loving way. (didn't king david crack a space dolphin? or is that only in the king james version?)

thanks again for saying nice things... and being awesome.


ps... the security tag on the blog is "caphydro" which would be an awesome title for when they bring captain america as a blue energy being...

or a space dolphin.

Anonymous said...

Aaron, you need to re-take the GRE (Geek Reference Exam) - spend extra studying time learning fundamentals like what to do when one meets a zaftig red-shirt at the Oracle at Delphi. Set your phasers to "Tragedy"!

It's your show, so you obviously have full naming rights, but if it's going to be a regular or semi-regular segment, can I suggest "Jugg-ing Aaron's Memory", or "Jugg-ling The Past", or "The Way We Were - With Juggs!"?

BTW - I am English...if by England you mean Illinois (ha, that's funny) and by Great Britain you mean the one in the Midwest (get it?). Not sure what a British "vibe" is, Evie, but I'm sure it's as sexy as broccoli. I just like the way the English have those weird derivations in their spelling of words with that "ae" combo..."encylopaedia" and "paedophilia" are two Britilicious examples.

Evie said...

HA HA HA. See, despite making fun of you for the titty mags, I still took you for being extra-refined and therefore obviously from the mother country.

And yeah, our lack of nerd cred gets exposed more fully with every episode, but I still kind of can't believe I had to explain red shirt to him.

Anonymous said...

I prefer "Enlarged Mammary Photojournal"..."Titty Mag" is tres gauche and really ignores the post-feminist themes explored within its pages. MEANINGLESS TANGENTIALLY COMIC-RELATED TRIVIA: didst thou knowest that Juggs was once edited by an ex-girlfriend of Robert Crumb's?

Joe in HBG, PA said...

Yea!!
I'm a runner up!!
and to Alan Moore, no less!!
Not many people can say that.

I would like to thank Arron and Evie for allowing me this wonderful moment. I would like to thank my mother for not throwing out my comics when I was young. I would like to thank my man, for being my man. But most of all, I would like to thank Rocket Raccoon, without whom none of this would have been possible. Never stop rockin' Rocket!!
WOO HOO!!